PROJECT DELIVERY MANAGER (Specialist Refurbishment Projects)
- Up to £45,000 salary plus car allowance and excellent benefits
- Architectural & Design
- Closing date:
“Our staff are our most valuable asset”
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd, is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the social housing sector. Established in 1980 we have four decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based at our modern Head Office in Huddersfield, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Architectural Design Team made up of Architects, Technologists and Technicians of varying experience from university graduates to more seasoned & fully qualified professionals. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic Design Team, that work on multiple projects at any one time. The projects vary in size and scale, and range between large scale new build residential developments to complex refurbishment and recladding of existing buildings, including high-rise tower blocks.
A varied role including:
- Managing the design delivery of specialist refurbishment projects within the company
- Overseeing internal teams who will complete the day to day project design output
- Directing and reviewing designs to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation and regulations
- Management of Pre-Construction Design Programme
- Providing Lead Designer role and ensuring co-ordinated designs with other disciplines output eg Fire Engineering, Specialist Sub-Contractors/Suppliers
- Providing specialist knowledge/experience within Client/Contractor meetings
- Completing site visits to ensure compliance with designs/legislations/regulations, providing technical advice
- Producing technical design drawings for RIBA Work Stage 3 to 6 on refurbishment schemes
- Producing bespoke designs/interface details to suit existing building conditions
- Production/review of 2D AutoCAD & 3D Revit details for use from concept design to construction issue information
- Working on numerous jobs simultaneously, overseeing working drawings/specifications and reviewing/amending work drafted by others
- Knowledge and experience in complex refurbishment projects (£1M to £20M)
- Proven design delivery experience in a Design Office
- A strong technical ability in all forms of construction, particularly at 1:5 detail level
- Experience in Building Regulations and other Design Standards
- Good interpersonal, communication and written articulation skills
- A team player with the determination to drive projects forward
- Personal presence and well-developed leadership skills to support and assist more junior members of the team
We actively encourage and support, both financially & professionally, continued professional development, priding ourselves on fully supporting our employees in achieving their career goals and ambitions.
Why join us?
- Be part of a modern, forward thinking consultancy
- Up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Bonus scheme
- 3-5% Contributory pension scheme & four times salary life assurance
- Payment of Professional Institute training/examination fees/ subscription fees
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Fun social & team building events organised & paid for by the company
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
How to apply:
Apply via our website www.mdysoncareers.co.uk to upload a CV & covering letter along with details of your current and anticipated remuneration package. NO AGENCIES PLEASE