- Up to £36,000 plus excellent benefits
- Architectural & Design
- Closing date:
“Our staff are our most valuable asset”
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd, is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the social housing sector. Established in 1980 we have four decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based at our modern Head Office in Huddersfield, we have a vacancy for an experienced Architectural Technician to join our Architectural Design Team made up of Architects and Technologists of varying experience from university graduates to more seasoned & fully qualified professionals.
A varied role including:
- Producing technical design drawings for RIBA Work Stage 2 to 6 on both new build and refurbishment residential schemes, including high profile high-rise and large new build schemes
- Production of Revit models for use from concept design to construction issue information
- Running numerous jobs simultaneously, producing working drawings/specifications and checking/amending similar work drafted by others
- Production of planning, building control and construction issue drawings
- Attending and chairing client design meetings
- Attending site and liaising with contractors, providing technical advice when required
- Proficient in Revit is essential
- Navisworks experience preferable
- Proficient user AutoCad, SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign
- Proven experience in a Design Office
- Construction technical knowledge
- Experience in external refurbishment of high-rise residential blocks.
- Experience in Building and Planning regulations/procedures
- Ability to work effectively in the office and from home where required.
- Good interpersonal, communication and written articulation skills
- A team player with the determination to drive projects forward
We actively encourage and fully support, both financially & professionally, continued professional development; priding ourselves on fully supporting our employees in achieving their career goals and ambitions.
Why join us?
- Be part of a modern, forward thinking consultancy
- Clear career progression
- Up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 3-5% Contributory pension scheme & four times salary life assurance
- Payment of Professional Institute training/examination fees
- Payment of professional subscription fees
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Flexible working environment
- Fun social & team building events organised & paid for by the company
- Long service reward scheme
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply:
Apply via our website www.mdysoncareers.co.uk to upload a CV & covering letter along with details of your current and anticipated remuneration package. NO AGENCIES PLEASE