12 MONTH UNDERGRADUATE PLACEMENT - ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR / BUILDING SURVEYOR
- Contract Administration
- Closing date:
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the housing sector. Established in 1980 we have forty years of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Commencing Summer 2021 and based at our Head Office in Huddersfield this is a fantastic opportunity for a career driven student (ideally studying Building Surveyor or Quantity Surveying) looking for a year in a dynamic construction consultancy as part of their sandwich degree course. The successful applicant will be part of our Contract Administration Team working alongside experienced staff who will offer full guidance & support during your time with us alongside a planned and structured training programme ensuring you gain a breadth of real hands on work.
What you’ll do & learn:
- Undertake property surveys (measured and attribute / condition surveys)
- Assist with specifications and schedules of work
- Site inspections to monitor works being undertaken by Contractors under our management
- Attending site meetings
- Assist experienced Project Managers carry out contract administration duties (JCT & NEC Contracts)
- Assist with project cost control and QS matters
- Assist with design co-ordination
- Learn Party Wall Act matters
- Assist with CDM Consultant duties
What you’ll need:
- Successful completion of second year studies passing all core modules
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel (all expenses paid by the company)
- Good IT proficiency especially MS Word and Excel.
- An organised and methodical approach to your work.
- An able communicator in both written & verbal forms.
- A confident and enthusiastic manner.
- That you are a ‘self-starter’ and can be trusted to work with a high degree of autonomy.
What you’ll receive:
- £17,500 salary plus £500 reward on securing placement
- 30 days annual leave inc banks holidays
- Full in-house support & guidance from our dedicated team of APC Counsellors, Supervisors and experienced mentors to commence your RICS, CIOB, RIBA or CIAT training path
- Opportunity for sponsorship in final year studies and Graduate employment thereafter
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Payment of professional subscription fees
- Professional modern offices with free parking
- Company funded social events
- Applications can be made from 7th October 2020 and should be made via our website uploading a CV and Covering Letter
- The application deadline is 26th February 2021. We look for the best students so apply sooner rather than later as placements go quickly.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview as we shortlist with all placements made by end of March 2021.
- Should you wish to discuss the placements in further detail prior to applying please contact Emma Taylor who oversees our recruitment on 01484 666888.