12 MONTH UNDERGRADUATE PLACEMENT - ASSISTANT BUILDING SURVEYOR
- Asset Management Team
- Closing date:
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the housing sector. Established in 1980 we have forty years of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Commencing Summer 2021 and based at our Head Office in Huddersfield this is a fantastic opportunity for career driven students (ideally studying Building Surveying or Construction Management) looking for a year in a dynamic construction consultancy as part of their sandwich degree course. The successful applicants will be part of our Asset Management Team working alongside experienced staff who will offer guidance and support during your time with us. The role enjoys a varied workload including: -
What you’ll do & learn:
- Condition, measured and general building surveys
- Investigation of building defects (building pathology)
- Invasive surveys including testing for reinforcement cover, carbonation and chlorination
- Assisting with compilation of reports
- Project Management
- Quality & Progress Management
- Financial Checking and Control
- Drafting Contractual Documents
- Managing External Contractors
What you’ll need:
- Successful completion of second year studies passing all core modules
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel (all expenses paid by the company)
- Good IT proficiency especially MS Word and Excel.
- An organised and methodical approach to your work.
- An able communicator in both written & verbal forms.
- A confident and enthusiastic manner.
- That you are a ‘self-starter’ and can be trusted to work with a high degree of autonomy.
What you’ll receive:
- £17,500 salary plus £500 reward on securing placement
- 30 days annual leave inc banks holidays
- Full in-house support & guidance from our dedicated team of APC Counsellors, Supervisors and experienced mentors to commence your RICS, CIOB, RIBA or CIAT training path
- Opportunity for sponsorship in final year studies and Graduate employment thereafter
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Payment of professional subscription fees
- Professional modern offices with free parking
- Company funded social events
- Applications can be made from 7th October 2020 and should be made via our website by uploading a CV and Covering Letter
- The application deadline is 26th February 2021. We look for the best students so apply sooner rather than later as placements go quickly.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview as we shortlist with all placements made by end of March 2021.
- Should you wish to discuss the placements in further detail prior to applying please contact Emma Taylor who oversees our recruitment on 01484 666888.