- Architectural & Design
- Closing date:
“Our staff are our most valuable asset”
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd, is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the social housing sector. Established in 1980 we have four decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based in our Head Office in Huddersfield and reporting to our Architectural Director this is a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Manager who has an understanding of construction and how a design office works along with relatable organisational and commercial management skills.
The role involves:
- Supporting a Design Team of architects, technologists, assistants and trainees
- Distilling and clarifying client briefs, contractual terms and appointments
- Overseeing design projects process from concept to completion to ensure adherence to company IMS procedures, enhanced where appropriate
- Planning work and managing short and medium term staff availability forecast tools
- Setting clear team goals, managing and delegating tasks to ensure client deadlines are met
- Active commercial management of fee income and fee growth opportunities
- Developing clear scopes of work for third party supporting services and dealing with the appointment of same
- Assisting our Architectural Director and wider Business Development Team with pricing new work opportunities and developing tenders/bids
- Working knowledge of Standard Forms of Consultants Appointment and JCT/NEC Forms of Contract
- Good construction technology knowledge (how buildings are built)
- Design qualification preferable but not essential
- Similar career experience within a design office or an understanding of how a design office works
- Excellent people management skills
- Proven organisational and time-management skills
- Experience in motivating team members & a confident communicator
- Experience in pricing tenders & bids
- A ‘self-starter’ and can be trusted to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Full UK driving licence required
We actively encourage and fully support, both financially & professionally, successful applicants to continue on a structured training programme with us for progression to membership of a recognised professional body. We pride ourselves on offering some of the best training available, supporting our employees in achieving their career goals and ambitions.
Why join us?
- Be part of a modern, forward thinking consultancy
- Clear career progression
- Up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 3-5% Contributory pension scheme & four times salary life assurance
- Payment of Professional Institute training/examination fees
- Payment of professional subscription fees
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Flexible working environment
- Fun social & team building events organised & paid for by the company
- Long service reward scheme
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.