Senior Architectural Technician
- Architectural & Design
- Closing date:
“Our staff are our most valuable asset”
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd, is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the housing sector. Established in 1980 we have over three decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based at our modern Head Office in Huddersfield, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Architectural Design Team made up of Architects, Technologists and Technicians of varying experience from university graduates to more seasoned & fully qualified professionals.
A varied role including:
- Producing technical design drawings for RIBA Work Stage 2 to 6 on both new build and refurbishment residential schemes
- Production of 3D Revit models for use from concept design to construction issue information
- Running numerous jobs simultaneously, producing working drawings/specifications and checking/amending similar work drafted by others
- Production of planning, building control and construction issue drawings
- Attending client meetings
- Attending site and liaising with contractors, providing technical advice when required
We actively encourage and fully support, both financially & professionally, successful applicants to continue on a structured training programme with us for progression to membership of a recognised professional body. We pride ourselves on offering some of the best training support available whilst supporting our employees in achieving their career goals and ambitions.
Qualities required for this role will include:
- High level of knowledge and experience in Revit essential
- Knowledge of BIM workflows/standards
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCad
- Proven experience in a Design Office
- A strong technical ability in all forms of construction
- Experience in Building and Planning regulations/procedures
- Good interpersonal, communication and written articulation skills
- A team player with the determination to drive projects forward
- Personal presence and well-developed leadership skills to support and assist more junior members of the team
Why join us?
- Be part of a modern, forward thinking consultancy
- Up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 3-5% Contributory pension scheme & four times salary life assurance
- Payment of professional subscription fees
- Payment of Professional Institute training/examination fees
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Family friendly benefits
- Fun social & team building events paid for & organised by the company
- Long service reward scheme
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
How to apply:
Apply via our website www.mdysoncareers.co.uk to upload a CV & covering letter along with details of your current and anticipated remuneration package. NO AGENCIES PLEASE